Have you ever thought about what you want to do for your career? I don’t mean marketing or accounting, I mean in detail… specifically what you want to do and what topics it involves?
Finding the answers to this question can take weeks of revising your personality as it is constantly changing. It takes long nights and many conversations with many people, but in the end, actively pursuing the answers to these questions will most definitely save you time in your job search and lead you towards a meaningful career.
The first key to understanding what career you would enjoy doing every day is your personality. Here are 4 steps you can take to figure out your personality and how to apply it to the workplace.
- Write a hobbies list – What are all the activities you have done for fun? Think of things you didn't feel pressures to do; activities and hobbies. For example, if you play basketball or enjoy running, play video games, go to the bars, watch football, anything you do to pass time.
- Take the 16 Personalities test – this is a short test that gives you an idea of your personality. This can help figure out what you are good at, and in the long run can use to execute on your mission in life.
- MAPP Career Test – This will help match your personality with actual careers.
- Job Research – I want you to research the MAPP careers in the industries that are part of your hobbies.
So, if one of your hobbies was playing basketball and one of your careers was marketing, this might mean you should consider researching a marketing company that works relatively close with basketball industry. Research agencies that work with basketball teams or ones that focus on sports management. These options will link your hobbies to your prospective career path, and, in the long run, will allow you to pursue your hobbies as you pursue your career.
This will make the work you do more meaningful and get you closer to your dream job.
- If you have any questions about your job search, we got the answers! *Click Here*
- We would love your help. If you have any tips, comment them below and share with the rest of us.