Employers receive countless job application forms to sift through- to show you’re suitable for the role and get an interview, you’ll need to demonstrate personality and confidence within one piece of paper.
Below are five tips to keep in mind when filling out an application:
- Thoroughly read job descriptions -Take the time to understand exactly what the company expects from applicants for jobs that interest you; do not ignore the detailed description of what the job entails.
- Create an Original Cover letter -Make sure to write onespecific to your accomplishments and skills and one that addresses the job description properly. Go a step further and mention how you will use that knowledge and those skills on the job. Avoid sending out a generic, run-of-the-mill cover letter.
- Identify key words and tailor your resume -Find the key words in the job description and make sure you indicate how your accomplishments address those requirements.
- Ensure you social profile is current and cleaned up -The ability to view your dynamic social profile(s), allows recruiters to see your current work status and determine whether timing is right to extend you an interview or even a job offer.
- Review all the information you import before submitting -Before hitting the submit button, take a final glance at the content you have provided. Keep in mind that once you hit that button, your information is sent to the recruiter directly. First impressions are important, so make the best one possible when you apply.