Have you ever wondered what will it take to reach financial freedom? How can I set myself up to finally have security and happiness after graduation? Maybe even what job can I find that will allow me to continue my passion? These questions bring the importance of this blog article. If you are a college student who is looking for a job or career by the time you graduate, here you can find 5 easy steps to getting that much closer to achieving your dream. In this post, we will explain why finding the right career for you is important, explain how to set yourself up for success, and provide 5 topics you must consider when looking for landing your ideal job.
What Does It Mean to Find Your Dream Job, and Why Does it Matter?
Finding your dream job means finding a career after graduation that you will be happy about. Many college students can struggle when their first job out of college is not the life they wanted or share strong feelings towards.
Doing what you love to do will not only make you happier, but it will likely increase your work ethic and performance within the given field you have chosen. If you are going to do something, you might as well be good at it. Therefore, finding a job you can look forward to can make all the difference in the long term.
Why Find a Job You Love?
- Careers do not get found overnight. Try not to stress yourself out if things do not go your way immediately.
- Doing what you love is proven to be a great motivator. Certain people can get caught up in doing what pays the bills rather than what will make them excited to work. These kinds of jobs usually do not last long term.
- Having a job, you want to enjoy it so you can drastically improve the quality of your life.
According to the golden circle, knowing your “why” is the most important thing when it comes to considering an idea.
Helpful link: How to find a career you love in 5 steps - 2022. MasterClass. (n.d.). Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-find-a-career-you-love
How Do You Find the Right Career?
- Take career assessments, it might start you in the right direction.
- Brainstorm a list of options that you might be able to consider. This can help you in the job searching process by allowing you to have options. Find similarities that are common with what you are good at, what companies want from you, and if those things are something you would be interested in.
- Constantly network and look for mentors. Reaching out for help from professors, career centers, and fellow students can go a long way simply by reaching out
Helpful link: Silver, N. S. (2021, August 7). What career is the best fit for you? Forbes. Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolesilver/2021/08/06/what-career-is-the-best-fit-for-you/?sh=54c370af1502
What job is going to be the best fit?
- A job that fits your passion. Simple as it sounds, what do you love to do that you would be able to make a career out of it? You know what they say...do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life!
- What professional skills do you possess that give you an advantage over other prospects? It could be your ability to communicate, leadership, work ethic, and other traits that can make you as a potential employee unique.
- What you value in life will directly translate to how you view the industry you work in. If you are a laid-back type of personality and you work for a company that requires you to have a routine and strict plan, it is probably not a good idea to work for such a company
Helpful link: Stahl, A. (2021, December 10). 5 steps to finding the right career for you. Forbes. Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleystahl/2018/09/27/5-steps-to-finding-the-right-career-for-you/?sh=7e62a2ce5abb
Are Things Just Not Going Right?
Listen, it is okay if you don’t find the perfect job right away. What you may like right now may not be the same interests you may have as you get older. Take your time, use the steps we have laid out for you, and understand that great things take time. The worst thing you can do when things do not go right is to get complacent or give up on your dream.
Helpful link: Struggling to 'find your passion'? here's why it's. Careershifters. (2022, March 1). Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.careershifters.org/expert-advice/struggling-to-find-your-passion-heres-why-its-dangerous-advice
The Main Idea
The main message we are trying to convey to you is that if you follow the guide above, your chances of finding the right job for you will increase dramatically. By the right job, we mean a job that you can not only succeed in but be yourself in. Keep your eyes on the main goal, and do not give up until you have accomplished it.
Start Chasing Your Dreams Now, Rather Than Later!
Your time is now! Do not wait until the last minute to start your perfect job search. The longer you wait, you will face more stress and anxiety that is unnecessary. Most employers will stop looking at you as a prospect once you graduate, so it is critical you start getting out of your comfort zone and start landing your dream job. Below is a link that can help you with any additional questions, concerns, comments you may have. Good luck!
Building self-confidence: 10 ways to boost your confidence. (n.d.). Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/ways-to-boost-your-confidence
How to find a career you love in 5 steps - 2022. MasterClass. (n.d.). Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-find-a-career-you-love
Silver, N. S. (2021, August 7). What career is the best fit for you? Forbes. Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolesilver/2021/08/06/what-career-is-the-best-fit-for-you/?sh=54c370af1502
Stahl, A. (2021, December 10). 5 steps to finding the right career for you. Forbes. Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleystahl/2018/09/27/5-steps-to-finding-the-right-career-for-you/?sh=7e62a2ce5abb
Struggling to 'find your passion'? here's why it's. Careershifters. (2022, March 1). Retrieved September 23, 2022, from https://www.careershifters.org/expert-advice/struggling-to-find-your-passion-heres-why-its-dangerous-advice